4.25.2010

All Things Camp Half Blood.

Alex has been busy this year reading through all of the Percy Jackson books. Have you read them yet? They're truly wonderful and magical explorations of Greek Mythology in a modern day world. If you haven't seen the movie, yet, it's being released on DVD on June 29th. Here comes the endorsement: if you liked Harry Potter, be sure to check out Percy. For some of you, that's all I have to say.

This year, Alex wanted a Percy themed party. So what else could I do but give in. I mean, imagine me shopping for swords and helmets. I know, not as far-fetched as you might think. Thanks to my awesome twitter moms, I found these cool fun foam swords and well, the helmets?? Don't they rock?? They were at Michael's. I know. The movie posters were from KatieB who snagged a few at the Midnight Show in her town. The entire thing came together so easily. And the boys LOVED it. They played Capture the Flag, Percy-style. You'll see for yourself in just a second.

The girls loved it, too because their friend got to join in the play.



I'm so proud of my girls for wielding a sword with such confidence. Watch out, demi-gods, there may be a few more of you out there.


We still had a cake. Well, okay, a Harry Potter cake, because the bakery wasn't hip enough to stock Percy Jackson items.



And the ferocious dog stood guard over all the magical goings-on.



They really got into playing with the swords. Ken was on standby, trying to fix the broken ones. Okay, duct tape them. But we pretended he was quite the blacksmith.




What I love about my husband is he's never too grown up to try things. Another reason why our relationship works. He put this on and turned to me saying, "Go on and blog this..." Never challenge me, baby.


So now it's your turn. Do something unexpectedly playful today. Awww, come on, you know you want to. I'm waiting. Go. Do it. Now.

3 comments:

Major Jazz said...

No Percy Jackson cake items?! Madness! Psh. I would have broken out the bags and icing and made one!
And then I probably would have drowned in said icing. LOL

I LOVE it! Looks like the perfect amazing day!! I wish I could have played!

Katie said...

I love it!!! What a fun party! I want to come to the next one. LOL What a fun place to have a party. Percy himself would have loved it.

Sophie said...

Okay, Major Jazz, I needed you here. And yes, I would've joined you in the icing drowning!!

Katie, any time you want to come, you have a standing invite. The park is one we call The Mountain Park. It's at the base of Mt. Rose and it has a little creek and everything. Fun place.